11 Comments     Wednesday, January 21st, 2009

My Inauguration Experience

So amazing…

Let me first say how blessed I felt to be a part of history. What an amazing time for America and the world as everyone watched the first person of color to be elected President of the United States of America. For those of you who braved the cold, I salute you. I could easily say I was there in the large crowd, but I wasn’t. It was way too cold. I wish I had of set up one of the many sale stands around there and sold gloves and earmuffs. I would have made some nice cash lol.

I had plenty of friends down there who gave me the play by play. I know we have seen President Obama’s face on just about everything, but when my friend Mandy told me they were selling Obama condoms in front of the Smithsonian, I couldn’t believe it. I mean, come on people where do we draw the line? I thought people were reaching when I saw an Obama Bar in the airport! Being a DC area native, I have experienced several inaugurations (well three to be exact, I’m not that old LOL), this one has been like no other!

While I didn’t attend the actual inauguration, I did go out to some of the events. I am from the area and have been to a lot of the nightspots in the DC area. This time was very different. I was wondering if it was the Presidential Inauguration or NBA All-Star weekend? This was because of the promotions and just the overall feel of the events and the ridiculous amount of money being charged to get into these events. We are still in a recession right?

I did make it to one of the balls and had a blast. I met Gen. Colin Powell and quite a few other people. I can say it truly was beautiful to see people of all races getting together and celebrating this joyous occasion. Now that we’ve finished celebrating let’s remember how hard everyone worked to make this happen, let’s continue to work to keep making progress. Sam Cooke sung “A Change Is Gonna Come”, I know he’s looking down from heaven smiling, because change has finally arrived.
    lizzgeneral.jpglizzfriends.jpg
    If you have any inauguration experiences whether you were in DC or somewhere else, please share them in the comments section.

Much love to my girl Alis for braving the cold with me, what an adventure LOL

“America, in the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children’s children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God’s grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations”.–President Barack Obama

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 at 5:16 pm and is filed under Columnists, Robbins Nest. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 Responses to “My Inauguration Experience”

01.21.09 at 8:25 pm

robert payne says:
    i got one for you that had some obama ear ring for sell on the street

01.21.09 at 9:28 pm

peterose4084 says:
    a video hoe does not have a right to post any blogs about anything political stick to your day job

01.21.09 at 10:06 pm

Carlotta says:
    Ummmmmmmmmm YEAH!!! Ok so you know me and i’m gonna keep my mouth shut about a previous post. I don’t want to have to get stupid up in your blog. ANYWAY, it looks like you had an amazing time! You looked beautiful and i’m sure you had a blast! Alis looked so pretty too!!! Wish I could have been there with you two! Miss ya

01.22.09 at 7:01 am

LX says:
    Aight @peterrose4084. Do some research on her before you call her a video hoe. Show me one video she was a “video hoe” in. I’ll be waiting for a youtube link. That was ignorant real talk. What grounds do you stand on to say who someone is? ANYWAY I agree with you people are just trying to capitalize on ANYTHING its kinda sad. 1000 bucks for an event!!? How much is the super bowl?!

01.22.09 at 11:49 am

California says:
    @peterose, mind your manners, son.

01.22.09 at 12:08 pm

Alis says:
    Hey Lizz,
    Thanks for inviting me to the ball. I had a Great!! time. Love the blog.

01.22.09 at 12:39 pm

Mr MoCCa says:
    Wait, last i checked Ms. Robbins does commentator work for King Magazine. With that being said, what is Pewerose…oops i mean Peterose talk’n about? Knowledge yaself and do your research.

01.22.09 at 5:23 pm

Bob Tickner says:
    January 22, 2009 Lizz, I really enjoyed your King Magizine Blog on your 2009 Presidential Inauguration Experience. It sounds like you had a great time at one of the balls and you look stunning in your Inaugural Ball gown. All the best for the new year.

01.24.09 at 4:01 am

dirty dog says:
    ha lizz i bet colin powell was thinking damnnnnnn this girl is finneeeee. LOL

01.26.09 at 11:17 am

coldcuts says:
    I went not only to the Inauguration in DC, but I also went to Obama’s gathjering in Baltimore. Overall, I had a fantastic time at both events since I was able to clearly see Obama in Baltimore while I was able to feed off the positive energy of the people who gathered on the National Mall in DC.

02.4.09 at 11:17 pm

TheGuyTorryComedyShow says:
    Well done Lizz. It must have been quite of an experience to be at the ball. You look great. It’s refreshing to see a woman of color who’s not just beautiful, but very intelligent as well. For the guy who called you…well it’s not worth repeating, is a dumb ass. Cats like that should have never been born. I don’t believe in abortion, so I think his mom’s should have swallowed that night. Yeah! I said it brah!
    “In dee Face”