10 Comments     Friday, February 13th, 2009

My Funny Valentine

Things NOT to do on Valentine’s Day

Here we are again, it’s the month of February and Valentine’s week (yes, I said week, because some people put a lot of emphasis on it). Last year, I wrote about the Dreaded V Word, how it can affect people’s emotions and, with this economy, their wallets. Since people are deciding about what to do for their significant other on Valentine’s Day, I’ve put together a list of things NOT to do for Valentine’s Day. Ladies and gentlemen, feel free to add on to the list!

At the end of the day whether it’s Valentine’s Day, Christmas or any other day where gifts are expected, if it’s truly love and comes from the heart, that’s all that should matter. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

MEN:

*Don’t get her something that she’s allergic to (for example fruits, chocolates, lotions )

*Don’t go in debt for one day. Times are hard. Be creative, if you don’t have the funds, she should understand (Don’t go to Jared’s on a Claire’s Boutique budget)

*Don’t buy her something to wear, if you don’t know her size (this could get you in a lot of trouble, be on the safe side and get a gift card)

*Don’t take her to a sporting event, if she hates sports (Me, personally, I would love it lol)

*Don’t buy her the same thing you buy your mom and/or your sister (most women understand how important your family is to you, however, she still wants to feel special)

*Don’t fake it…(a lot of places you can go with that lol), but seriously if you aren’t a romantic, you just aren’t, think of something you both like to do, and roll with it

*Don’t recycle gifts, new girl, new gift. Don’t buy her something you bought a former girlfriend, especially if it’s custom made

*Speaking of recycle don’t recycle sex toys (meaning don’t re-use them on a different person, that’s just nasty)

WOMEN:

*Don’t use sex as a gift (even though the majority of men appreciate it lol), you can give that gift anytime

* Speaking of sex, Don’t spend too much money on lingerie, that’s probably going to stay on for 5 seconds

*Don’t always get the common gift, switch it up, send him flowers (nothing wrong with “Trading Places”)

*Don’t try something physically for the first time, that you haven’t practiced

*Don’t make a promise you aren’t going to keep, if he doesn’t remember anything, he will remember that

*Don’t make him sit through a romantic comedy, if you know he hates it

*Don’t expect him to catch a hint, if he asks you want you want for Valentine’s Day, tell him exactly what is and where to get it

*Don’t feel sorry for yourself if you don’t have a Valentine, it’s not the end of the world, turn Valentine’s Day into a personal day and pamper yourself!

“Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction” ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

This entry was posted on Friday, February 13th, 2009 at 11:51 am and is filed under Columnists, Robbins Nest. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

10 Responses to “My Funny Valentine”

02.13.09 at 2:35 pm

Shaka says:
    Nice list Lizz. However I need her to be like you and get down with the sporting event. The rest of that v-day stuff is for the birds.

02.13.09 at 4:30 pm

Angles says:
    Valentines day is kind of weird to me. If your love is true then everyday is valentines day, it doesn’t mean I treat you special one day and like Crap for the rest of the year or there will be a whole lot of lonely people. Valentines day is when the true love that you have for someone is elevated to do something special for that particular day.Thats just my take on it and keep these good blog topics comin Big Sis. Enjoy your Valentines day, Lil Bro

02.13.09 at 6:16 pm

Roger James says:
    Excellent thoughts. I will heed your words of wisdom.

02.13.09 at 7:20 pm

Topics about Humoristic and Funny stuff » Archive » » My bFunny/b Valentine - KING-mag.com says:
    [...] John put an intriguing blog post on » My bFunny/b Valentine – KING-mag.comHere’s a quick excerptMy bFunny/b Valentine. Things NOT to do on Valentine’s Day. Here we are again, it’s the month of February and Valentine’s week (yes, I said week, because some people put a lot of emphasis on it). Last year, I wrote about the Dreaded V Word b…/b [...]

02.13.09 at 10:04 pm

Good Time Howie says:
    Good Time Howie says:
    Let the woman choose the activities for the day and you both are sure to have a great end to your day. My wife chose bowling & golf for Valentines Day. I think I love wife!

02.14.09 at 3:17 pm

Rob says:
    Lizz, I have to agree with you on a lot of this. Which is hard to believe, since we are men. LOL!!! But to many folks do things for the wrong reason these days. One of the most important facts that you written in your blog; is that way to many people expect gifts first instead of love. Hopefully everybody take a look at your blog before chosing their gifts. By the way, I didn’t agree with don’t buy any lingerie, casue it will be off in 5 sec. Lmao… Peace keep up the good work

02.14.09 at 7:43 pm

What Should You GoSee? » Blog Archive » » My Funny Valentine - King-Mag.Com says:
    [...] (a lot of places you can go with that lol), but seriously if you aren’t a romantic, you just aren’t, think of something you both like to do, and roll with it. *Don’t recycle gifts, new girl, new gift. …Continue [...]

02.18.09 at 7:32 am

Topics about Humoristic and Funny stuff » Archive » This is Bfunny/B says:
    [...] » My Funny Valentine – KING-mag.com [...]

02.20.09 at 9:57 am

Topics about Humoristic and Funny stuff » Archive » BFunny/B Friday says:
    [...] » My Funny Valentine – KING-mag.com [...]

03.9.09 at 10:32 am

KolossalBigDeal says:
    Ya knooooow. I could care less about eating out, sexy lingerie or chocolates on valentines day. Its always so crowded out no matter where you go. Your so right the lingerie is on for 5 secs and seeing as the New Year just past chocolate just doesn’t agree with my resolution. Id prefer a sweet, simple evening in with dinner and a arrangements at the spa.

Comments