38 Comments     Saturday, July 30th, 2005

LETOYA LUCKETT

Her initial Destiny forgotten, sultry songstress LeToya Luckett reenters the game like a boss.

KING is certain of two things. One: J.R.’s mysterious death on Dynasty was an inside job. Two: Beyonce Knowles was the knockout of Destiny’s Child’s original quartet. Still, she fought tooth-and-nail for the title, as the lovely LeToya Luckett was equally beautylicious. While most D.C. defectors (Double-L departed in 2000) has had trouble returning to the platinum-brick road, 24-year-old Luckett, who has a thing for boys who talk country slang, was committed to establishing her own identity after her separation from B and Kells. “Being solo puts all the pressure on you,” she says with a wink that would buckle the most hardened queer eye. With a self-titled album on Noontime/Capitol Records featuring production heavyweights Just Blaze, Jazze Pha, Scott Storch and Mike City, this DC refugee’s pipes should be able to handle the stress.

Commenting on the her unfulfilled Destiny:

“It’s a delicate situation ‘cause of the settlement agreement that we have. There’s only so much I can say. A lot of people don’t know my story. Of course I would love to go into every interview and just spill my guts and tell the truth, but at the same time, it’s a situation where it was five years ago, so why are we still talking about it?”

Admitting a penchant for thug love:

“It’s always good to keep a thug in your life. You know the one that got your back that’s gonna be there. That’s always good.”

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 30th, 2005 at 11:05 am and is filed under Girls, KING Magazine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

38 Responses to “LETOYA LUCKETT”

06.14.06 at 8:05 am

paul says:
    I’m glod she’s back and has a hot song, but I want to know what happened to Olivia (i think that was her name) the last original member of the group.

06.15.06 at 10:15 am

Barry Miller says:
    She is one of the hottest singer around and it fact she sexy

06.15.06 at 3:16 pm

robert napoleon says:
    she is talented and can sing. sexy!!

06.20.06 at 1:10 pm

Jeffery Freeman says:
    I am glad that LeToya is back in the music industry. To be honest with you I have watched in the music industry since 1998 when you were with Destiny’s Child and I have always thought that you were the best looking out of all of them including Beyonce. You are doing better by herself.

06.21.06 at 1:36 pm

J.R. says:
    Damn girl! Letoya’s lookin’ delicious in dem pics. Do yur thang lil’ mama and show dem wut u can really do. You were never done justice bein’ in DC any damn way and it’s good 2 c u back as a solo artist – u killin’ it ma – keep ya head up.

06.21.06 at 3:28 pm

Takeesha Pittman says:
    It is good to see another young, smart and very talented woman reign supreme. Letoya is a knockout vocally and the girl has major star power. Stay down to earth and nevr get the big head b/c real stars don’t have to. Let the fans and the industry sing your praises. You don’t have to say a word; your talent speaks for itself. Letoya the comeback kid!!! I like that.

06.21.06 at 10:28 pm

Tracey says:
    The other members name was Latavia not Olivia

06.24.06 at 9:16 pm

stacy says:
    It’s a damn shame that Letoya has to resort to King Mag!!! What a loser. Beyonce wouldnt do King if they paid her 10mil!!!

06.26.06 at 2:58 am

TIM AVIE says:
    J.R. EWING’S MYSTERIOUS DEATH HAPPENED ON THE HIT T.V. SHOW CALLED,”DALLAS”. SORRY ABOUT THE CORRECTION.

07.2.06 at 12:22 pm

junisha says:
    wat up hav u been douin

07.7.06 at 6:00 pm

Grown A$$ Man says:
    I think it shows that the young lady is a grown woman. You don’t have to hang on to the old stuff. Don’t let that negitive shit keep from being successful.

07.8.06 at 10:44 am

Prellis says:
    Stop caring if beyonce wouldn’t be on king this is about Letoya Luckett you go girl you look great.

07.8.06 at 7:05 pm

Donevan says:
    For many that had a chance to meet Destiny’s Child -the earliest version- Latoya was obviously the the most photogenic… and the group’s hottest chick. Her gleaming smile and glamorous looks always stole the spot in captivating style… even without being the most Booty-licious. In hindsight… she was ALWAYS a threat to “plan – Bouncey”. It’s no wonder for many that stepping on Latoya’s potential, back in the day, served as a perfect “Bouncey (I Mean) Beyonce Springboard”. Donevan K.C.
    President & Director
    CherVeli Management, Inc.

07.13.06 at 2:01 am

gansta says:
    i want to fuck u

07.18.06 at 4:10 pm

Toya says:
    I’m very proud of you, girl. Your personality and style puts Texas on the map in positive way. It really shows how you were raised so pat “Momma Luckett” on the back because she raised a girl that us as fans can really relate to. Someone we feel that we really know. Please don’t change. As long as you stay just as you are you will always be successful. Lots of times the stars forget who made them who they are. If the fans don’t buy their albums, go to there concerts, support them they wouldn’t be stars. Sometimes they forget that. If you never have a #1 single, if you never make another album, if you lose you singing voice tomorrow I’ll always be a fan because it was you being so down to earth that made us love you and your music so much. You didn’t forget the fans so the fans won’t forget you. God bless and keep doing your thang!!!!!!

07.19.06 at 2:05 pm

dre' says:
    4 sure Letoya, “sexy” is only the beginning of decribing your body…you also posses delicious looking toes…yum-yum! girl!

07.25.06 at 2:39 pm

Shay says:
    to all stop hatin on my sis

07.25.06 at 5:18 pm

chocolateangel says:
    you look good,you go girl, do your thang,NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER!!!!

07.26.06 at 10:27 am

6pleasur9 says:
    Keep doin ya thing gul. Chunk the deuce at the haters when you ride by. Like Martin said “Let them love you from behind.”

07.27.06 at 4:26 pm

Meka says:
    Whats goin on…this Meka reppin’ Milwaukee. I just want to congratulate Toya on her success…I’m so proud of her for overcoming the difficult times. Sometimes there are people in your life that want to see you fail, but when you prevail you can tell them to go to …well you know…
    Good luck Toya on your album I know u gone do the damn thang!!

08.2.06 at 5:18 pm

Yellah Citi Boi says:
    If Letoya didnt have clothes on she could wear me any day

08.5.06 at 1:37 am

hot boy says:
    wusup remember to call me

08.5.06 at 9:48 pm

kym says:
    fuck beyonce tired of her need to give it a rest want to be on top always album b-day is rediculous now that rhianna gettin her man attention she wanna b all over him in deja vu was on count down couple days then booted ha ha ha toya bout to blow

08.6.06 at 2:53 pm

GAT Productions says:
    letoya luckett proves that no matter how dirty someone or something does you, just believe in yourself, keep being the best you can be, trusting in God, and your day might come!

08.6.06 at 8:42 pm

MALCOLM says:
    Loving your work baby,so keep doing U! Digg.

08.7.06 at 2:16 pm

U-god says:
    I don’t give a fuck about what other’s say, she’s much cuter then beyonce

08.21.06 at 12:12 pm

Chanel Neely says:
    LeToya doesnt have to be like Beyonce she is her own woman She can do whatever she wants to Go ahead Toya and do the damn thing girl. Holla GROWN A$$ WOMAN

08.23.06 at 5:34 pm

Beautful17 says:
    Yes my gurl is back she doing it big right now it’s bout time to get another face in the spotlight because I’m tired of looking at Beyonce because she’s not all that Letoya look way better than Beyonce so Letoya keep doing what your doing keep it pimpin and brush that nity head bitch(Beyonce) off your shoulder!

09.4.06 at 3:55 pm

risse says:
    B is raw but so is Toy.

09.28.06 at 7:40 pm

ChoklateDrop says:
    she can blow didnt know that since b was always in the front…

10.7.06 at 10:13 am

Young Fatalist says:
    I love Latoya, she is just the prettiest little thing I’ve ever seen. Come to Toronto, you could find a thug here too

11.16.06 at 9:09 pm

Pat says:
    Hi Letoya just wanted to say hello and Love your music even though you’re the most beautiful person I thought where on the Destiny Child Album. Just keep making good music and you’ll be known all over the globe.I believe you will be successful and because you have what it takes(looks, and determination). A dear friend , Pat PS.Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day !

01.3.07 at 12:32 am

patralatifa says:
    i love her weave

01.3.07 at 7:08 pm

BigHRD2 says:
    she’s better to me than Beyonce is that disrespectful no I think not.

01.23.07 at 4:53 pm

Jelisa Floyd says:
    yea man i love LeToya. And this article made me lover her even more. Man ya’ll got a habbit of giving people the space to speak thier mind and thats why i like King. you ask the right questions and even the most private people open up to ya’ll i think thats why B(Beyonce) hasnt been comfortable enough to do an article for ya’ll. well im out love the mag hope to be writin for ya’ll niggas one day.One!

02.13.07 at 11:00 pm

Milan says:
    You are so beautiful. That is only a small part of it. It’s “OBVIOUS” that you are talented! You only have a bright future ahead of you. Keep being the best that you can be. Love you Letoya!

12.29.07 at 11:03 pm

La La LaToyia says:
    She is just a stunning beauty. Simply put.

01.14.08 at 11:20 pm

NoTimeToGaze says:
    I remember loving the image of DC because they were all beautiful, and I was happy that the light skinned chick was not the only pretty one (no I am not hating, I have the exact skin tone as Beyonce). However, my personal fav. was Letoya. Why are the editors of these magazines so subjective. Give praise when praise is due. Don’t pretend to big up Letoya if all you are going to do is put her down by stating that her beauty is less than Beyonce’s. Is this why so many people want envision their children to be light skinned with curly hair-remember the type of girl that Jay-Z could not get. What are we all saying about our standard of Beauty ?

Comments

king-covers.jpg

THE ROYAL PEEK: THE REALITY ISSUE

For KING’s year-end issue, we take a dose of reality with Love & Hip Hop Atlanta’s K. Michelle and Basketball Wives L.A.’s Brooke Bailey.

2.jpg

The Women of KING: Summer 2012 Issue

With the latest issue on stands now, here’s a letter from our Editor-In-Chief

FEATURES ARCHIVE :: 0