10 Comments     Tuesday, November 6th, 2007

The Dog The Bounty Hunter Saga…

Should end yesterday…

duanedogblog.jpgI’ve only seen A&E’s Dog The Bounty Hunter a couple of times, and I honestly enjoyed the series. But, I have to admit, from the moment I saw Duane “Dog” Chapman, the main character, and his family, I had a sneaking suspicion he was some sort of racist. I know that sounds pretty racist for me to say, seeing as he’s white and all, but slap me if you don’t agree that any man who looks like him doesn’t also look the type to throw around the n-word from time to time.

And was I right or was I right? Recently The National Enquirer posted a phone conversation Dog had with one of his sons who likes girls with that dark complexion. The son recorded the entire rant his father went on, which I have posted at the end of this post, so you all can hear for yourself. But in a nutshell, Dog said this:

It’s not ’cause she’s black, it’s because we use the word nigger sometimes here. I’m not gonna take a chance ever in life…because some fuckin’ nigger heard us say ‘nigger’ and turned this into Enquirer magazine, our career is over…It’s not that they’re black, it’s that we use the word ‘nigger’. We don’t mean ‘you fuckin’ scum nigger without a soul’, we don’t mean that shit, but America would think we mean that.

Well, if this ain’t the most fascinating diatribe I’ve ever heard on the n-word from a white person. Katt Williams has a term for guys like Dog. He calls them dumb smart people. Basically, Dog is a dumb ass for not only his flippant use of the n-word but also for his rationalization behind it, but he’s smart enough to know when to use that word and what kind of people will be able to tolerate the word. As a matter of fact, if you really take the time to take apart what he said (and I know not everyone will see this the way I do), what Dog is saying is that he uses the n-word like black people use the n-word, but he knows most black people would never accept this.

I’m in no way, an apologist for Dog. But honestly, what would you expect from a man whose day job is a bounty hunter? Let’s be real people, a man in his line of work probably doesn’t get to see the best our race has to offer very often. Tell me I’m lying.

But as the media is about to put Dog in the same category as Imus and Richards, I sincerely hope our people find better things to do with their time than march against Dog or protest a show you probably don’t even watch. I know I’m contradicting the very thing I just wrote by writing about Dog, but smack you if you thought this post was about Duane “Dog” Chapman and his dumb ass remarks.

I’m just using Dog’s remarks as a catalyst to remind my people to stay calm and act like we’ve been here before. Let the guilty white liberals of the world deal with Dog, because they’re the ones who have all the money and to a degree, probably watch his show. What my people need to be concerned with is things like putting food on the table. Once we get that done without the dependency of food stamps and government checks, then maybe Dog’s remarks would be good dinner conversation. Until then, let’s just turn off our television sets.

Motivation To Write This Piece

- Duane “Dog” Chapman Goes Off On His Son Dating A Black Woman

- Lessons Learned from Don Imus

- Lessons Learned from Michael Richards

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007 at 4:50 pm and is filed under After Further Review, Columnists. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

10 Responses to “The Dog The Bounty Hunter Saga…”

11.6.07 at 7:23 pm

Tonio says:
    Your an Idiot ! if you listen you what Chapman said and feels he was using the word like blacks your (outta) there peace !

11.7.07 at 4:04 pm

chad says:
    this is just another example of a white man who thinks he can say whatever he wants. when white folks say the word nigger…they are not trying to be nice at all they are trying to be an asshole. i hope this dumb son of a bitch will learn his lesson and realize that just because he is a white man that he can’t get away with everything. if you listen closely to the tape you can realize that this jerk is nothing but an old fashioned southern racist.
    THE CHAD HAS SPOKEN!!!

11.8.07 at 10:38 am

PayDay says:
    Eh, let the dude say whatever he wants, I never watched the show anyway and you can’t change the fundementals of an individual. I mean he could meet with sharpton (which I am principally against because that nigga is not the emporer of Black people). However, a meeting like that would be like when you got sent to the principals office. Yeah you straighten up long enough to not get suuuuper punished by your pops, but in a couple of weeks you back to class clownin. It’s in your nature.

11.9.07 at 9:35 am

Natale says:
    Who exactly are you referring to when you say we as black people need to just worry about putting food on the table, without food-stamps and welfare checks don’t you think you may have put us all in a category saying that all black people are living off the government!! I don’t like that last paragraph at all and i think you should have thought about it before you wrote!

11.25.07 at 12:52 am

Sherry says:
    I started watching the show one day while flipping channels. First I’m not surprised, not that I thought he was a racist and watched the show anyway, just not surprised. I would however like to tell the “DOG,” (which has a new meaning now), when you are praying before and after to go out to rid the world of the “bad guys and gals” and you are telling the small children to be good and listen to their parents and obey the law, Pray that God will forgive you for your words, because Jesus was Jewish, and I’m sure you had a name for the Jewish people,and pray that He will forgive you because your little children are listening to you!

11.26.07 at 12:24 am

Fall Back Doggz says:
    Seems like he knew what to do and say to get more attention, and everyone is giving it to him too. Cornball!

03.1.08 at 12:09 am

joe says:
    this guy dose this kind of thing’all the time’
    they need to keep the show off the air.after all’ he is a x-con. where did this guy learn.
    how to dress another planet’ he dont make a very good family person keep this con off tv. he is no big thing.

04.1.08 at 9:35 am

chris says:
    I think the author of this article is absolutely right. I dont think he means that all black people live on welfare and government checks but all you lazy fucking sonsofbitches who do need to get the fuck up off your lazy asses and go the fuck to work so hard working folks like me dont have to pay for lazy motherfuckers like you to have a million kids and mooch off of everyone else, period.

03.15.09 at 3:38 am

Ryan says:
    There is a difference between a nigger, and a black person. i would not want a nigger in my family either.

11.16.11 at 3:13 pm

installment loans for people with poor credit says:
    I would like to uslysht a little more on this topic

Comments